You Need This
“Need” is a strong word, but I think that it applies in times like these. That is, in times when we are (okay, fine: when I am) overwhelmed with what badass Samantha Sweetwater has called “lifeyness”, we (I) need things that soothe, calm, inspire, reassure, and delight. And because life really is extremely life-y right now, I assembled a few such things.
You may need them. You may not. In any case, I hope that there’s something here that sparks even the smallest light of peace or joy.
10 Antidotes to Lifey-ness
- The status of shits women have left to give.
- Why you should read Octavia Butler and Toni Morrison…
- … but if they’re already on your bookshelf and you’re looking for more feminist reads, check out this reading list.
- This is the soundscape that you need right now.
- So is this. Like, truly. I have the vinyl.
- And this. (Dolly is a gift, give thanks.)
- I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again: teen girls will save us all.
- Here’s a historical badass that you probably haven’t heard of.
- You’ll never think of ‘pecking order’ the same way again…
- … or (oldie but goody) decorative gourds.
- BONUS: Here We Are in Infinite Joy.
It’s tough out there right now. Take yourselves, and each other.
LEAGUE OF BADASS WOMEN POWERUPS THIS WEEK:
This Friday, October 23, at 9am PT | 12pm ET | 4pm GMT.
All are welcome! RSVP to email@example.com to be added to the invitation and to receive the Zoom link.
Wear A Mask, Save The World
We created a series of badass masks for anyone who wants to practice care through mask wearing and mask giving. Choose from Wear A Mask / Save The World, Badasses Wear Masks, and Unf*ck The Vote. All proceeds go directly to saving democracy in the US, via the #VOTEUS project.
Oh, hi! So glad that you’ve scrolled down this far! Did you get this newsletter via a forward, by any chance? If so, it’s probably because someone thinks that you’re a badass, which means that you almost certainly are. You should join us! Sign up to get this newsletter directly — and consider introducing yourself at a PowerUp or in the private Facebook group. Click below to join the League of Badass Women’s GLOBAL FACEBOOK GROUP.